The following procedure provides the steps needed for installing Seagate BlackArmor Discovery software from the CD.
- Insert the Seagate BlackArmor CD into your system's CD/DVD drive bay. The BlackArmor CD mounts on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the mounted CD. This opens a Finder window, showing the contents of the CD.
- Double-click on the BlackArmor Discovery.pkg file. The Welcome Screen opens.
- Click Continue.
- Click on Agree. The Select a Destination window opens.
- Select Macintosh HD and click Continue. The Standard Installation screen opens.
- Click Install. You will be prompted for system administrator credentials.
- Enter the Administrator Username and Password.
- Click OK. The Software installs to your system. When complete, the Install Succeed window opens.
- Click Close.
To locate (discover) BlackArmor NAS 440 on your network:
Open Finder - Applications - BlackArmor Discovery. The Seagate BlackArmor Discovery opens, listing the discovered BlackArmor NAS 440 on your Network Segment.
Seagate BlackArmor Video Tutorial - Installing BlackArmor Discovery for Mac
Click here to launch the movie.