The Seagate Dashboard software that comes on the FreeAgent GoFlex drive can be installed by opening the drive in Windows Explorer or (My) Computer and double-clicking on Setup. Once this software is installed, the Drive Settings area of the software can be used to adjust the sleep timer, disable the LED lights, test the drive with diagnostics, and view drive information.
To change drive settings:
- Open Seagate Dashboard by double-clicking the Seagate Dashboard icon on the desktop.
If it is not installed, install the software by double-clicking the Setup icon on the GoFlex drive.
- Select the drive you wish to adjust by choosing it in the dropdown menu.
If only one Seagate drive is available, it will be preselected.
- Click Drive Settings.
- Choose the feature.
- Power Settings - Adjusts the time the drive must be idle before going to sleep.
- LED Settings - Turns the LED lights off or on.
- Test drive - Runs diagnostics on the drive hardware. If the drive fails this test while connected to a USB 2.0 port, then the drive should be returned. If it fails while connected to another type of port, retest using USB 2.0 if available.
- Drive Information - Retrieves the drive serial number, check the type of partition used on the drive and see the available capacity of the drive.