8 steps to transfer games from PS4 to your external hard drive:
- Plug in your hard drive and make sure it’s formatted to your PS4.
- Head to the PS4 home screen and select “System”.
- Scroll down to “Storage'' and select “System Storage”.
- Select “Applications” and you’ll see a list of all your installed games.
- Press your controller’s “Options” button, and a pop-up screen will appear.
- Select “Move to External Storage”.
- Select all the games you want to transfer and then select “Move”.
- Your PS4 will transfer your games from to your external drive and automatically delete the old versions from your console once complete.
Now you’ve got extra space on your console and your games should start loading quicker—enough talk, let’s get to playing!
For more tips and tricks on how to optimize all your gaming needs, check out our additional videos at Inside Gaming with Seagate.
Thanks for reading and happy gaming ✌🏽