- Network Attached Storage
- Empower Your Business Network
Empower Your Network With Synology Hybrid Cloud Solutions & IronWolf Drives
Hybrid Cloud for SMBs
Learn how to seamlessly integrate public and private cloud architectures with the help of Synology and Seagate IronWolf drives.
Public and private clouds each have compelling benefits. With over 81% of businesses now using public cloud services, it’s obvious that there is a need for their flexibility and convenience. However, in 2019 at least 41% of those businesses brought at least one workload back to their office due to the benefits afforded by a private cloud. The question then becomes, “How do you get the best of both clouds?” The answer is by implementing a hybrid cloud solution.
Getting the most out of your hybrid cloud
A hybrid cloud takes the best features of public and private clouds and creates a single environment between them to store data. Public clouds are great for scaling up when you need more storage, and for sharing data with remote team members and clients. Private clouds deliver better performance and offer increased data security. The challenge comes when trying to organize, unify, and synchronize all of your data. Synology solves these challenges by offering a combination of products to provide a complete hybrid cloud storage solution to meet your needs and requirements.
Why choose a Synology cloud?
Synology enables business continuity and offers several solutions that, when combined, create a complete hybrid cloud environment delivering exceptional benefits.
- Fast and reliable collaboration A NAS lets you sync and share files across individual sites, index and easily search all files in the NAS, and work closely with colleagues and partners by easily and efficiently accessing documents, spreadsheets, and slides—maximizing employee focus on delivering quality results.
- Seamless Synchronization Synology’s Cloud Sync enables you to seamlessly connect your Synology NAS to public cloud services including Amazon Drive, BackBlaze B2, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack Swift, and more. With one-way or two-way sync, you can ensure that the data you need is right where you want it. Cloud sync also lets you share files from your cloud account while keeping original data safe behind a firewall.
- Data security across all platforms With Synology’s Hyper Backup you can easily schedule backup tasks to offsite locations or cloud providers. In the event of unexpected data loss, users can browse backups through File Station or standard transfer protocols, restoring them when needed to ensure data consistency.
- A total hybrid cloud solution with Synology C2 Synology has a long history of providing reliable IT solutions to customers, and they have recently started supporting the public cloud sector by offering an integrated and cost-effective solution for Synology NAS users—Synology C2. Providing multiple data storage and availability plans on the cloud, Synology C2 maximizes business continuity. Given that Synology handles the entire data transfer and uses rigorous encryption technologies, security is ensured for all data transmitted and stored on C2.
The IronWolf Edge
To make sure that the private cloud portion of a hybrid cloud operates properly, you need the right hardware. That’s why Seagate builds IronWolf drives—they’re specifically designed for use in NAS environments.
Why you need NAS-specific drives
NAS can easily support 100+ users and/or computers, and Seagate IronWolf hard drives are built to support cross-office file sharing by offering high workload rates. On the fast end of things, IronWolf SSDs step in, enabling file transfer acceleration and incredibly high endurance—meaning less wear and tear over time. In compatible NAS systems, you can even opt for a hybrid setup that uses both types of drives simultaneously for a payout of extreme capacity, speed, and endurance.
Seagate IronWolf drives are built on conventional magnetic recording technology and also maintain performance and reliability in multi-bay NAS enclosures by mitigating vibration with built-in RV sensors—a standard feature in IronWolf 4TB and higher drives and in all IronWolf Pro drives.
IronWolf Pro Keeps Your Data Thriving
IronWolf Pro drives include an incredibly powerful feature—IronWolf Health Management (IHM)—that helps SMB IT support by offering data loss prevention, intervention, and recovery services. For more information on IHM, visit here. Additionally, these drives come with two-year Rescue Data Recovery Services that cover data corruption, viruses, and damage from fires and floods.
Synology and Seagate – the perfect partnership for your SMB
Upgrading your network to a hybrid cloud while maintaining data continuity can be challenging. Synology’s ability to seamlessly integrate public and private cloud architectures combined with Seagate’s NAS-specific IronWolf drives provide ideal solutions to meet your needs and requirements. Empower your business network by choosing a Synology hybrid cloud solution and Seagate IronWolf drives—the easiest, most potent way to upgrade your SMB’s data infrastructure.