Please follow this procedure to claim a drive and rebuild the Seagate Business NAS RAID in case you need to replace one of the drives in the NAS unit:
- Log into Seagate NAS Manager using Seagate NAS Discovery or by entering the IP address of the NAS device in the address bar of a web browser.
- Select Storage.
- Select Disk Manager.
- Under Actions, there will be two icons. Select the Claim Disk icon.
- Click OK to claim your specific disk.
The drive displays as Unassigned.
- Under Storage, select Volumes / RAID.
The Volume displays as Degraded.
- Select the hammer and wrench icon () under Actions to begin the recovery of the volume.
- Click Submit once the drive has been verified.
The Recover Volume process begins. You will no longer be able to access the NAS until the process has completed.