Please follow this procedure to perform a backup from a Seagate Business NAS device to a drive connected via USB to the NAS:
- Log in to Seagate NAS Manager using Seagate NAS Discovery or by entering the IP address of the NAS device in the address bar of a web browser.
- Select Protect.
- Select Protect Job Manager.
- Select the NAS-USM-USB Transfer tab.
- Select New Transfer Job.
- Choose NAS to USB.
- Assign a Job name.
- Select the Source. This will be your NAS share.
- Select the Destination. This will be your USB drive.
- Choose the Transfer Frequency (schedule) and the Transfer time.
- Select Add Job to complete the scheduled task.
Select Add and Start Now if you wish to run the task immediately.