Provides instructions for setting the Seagate NAS Manager to automate a backup from a share on the Seagate Business NAS to a USB-connected drive.
Please follow this procedure to perform a backup from a Seagate Business NAS device to a drive connected via USB to the NAS:
- Log in to Seagate NAS Manager using Seagate NAS Discovery or by entering the IP address of the NAS device in the address bar of a web browser.
- Select Protect.
- Select Protect Job Manager.
- Select the NAS-USM-USB Transfer tab.
- Select New Transfer Job.
- Choose NAS to USB.
- Assign a Job name.
- Select the Source. This will be your NAS share.
- Select the Destination. This will be your USB drive.
- Choose the Transfer Frequency (schedule) and the Transfer time.
- Select Add Job to complete the scheduled task.
Select Add and Start Now if you wish to run the task immediately.
Seagate recommends you format the USB drive from a computer in one NTFS partition, if possible, prior to setting up the backup plan. Some USB drives may require specific drivers in the state they come out of the box or may have some preloaded files that can interfere with the process. Since formatting erases everything on the drive, Seagate recommends you have a good duplicate of your files on another media before formatting the USB drive.