In Seagate BlackArmor Backup, if you set up e-mail notifications on operation results, you may find that e-mail notifications fail with the following error message:
Cannot send test e-mail. The possible reason might be incorrect e-mail settings.
This could be due to any one of the following causes:
- Mail server uses encryption protocols (SSL/TLS);
- The firewall, antivirus, or other security software blocks Seagate BlackArmor Backup from accessing the network;
- An issue with the product.
Here is how to solve this problem:
- Go to Tools -> Options -> Notifications -> E-mail -> E-mail address.
Set the E-Mail address there in angle brackets, ie., in the form of :
Note: If the SMTP server does not require authentication, make sure the User name and Password fields are left blank.
- To prevent SMTP from not detecting the notification correctly, in Seagate BlackArmor Backup, go to Tools -> Options -> Notifications -> E-mail -> Additional e-mail parameters...
There, make sure that the From: and Subject: fields are blank:
Note: If a login to POP3 server is required before accessing SMTP server, make sure the option Log on to incoming mail server is selected.
If any firewall, antivirus or other security software is installed on the machine, make sure that the following modules are added to the list of trusted applications in the security software:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Seagate\BlackArmorBackup\BlackArmorBackupService.exe
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\ Seagate\BlackArmorBackup\BlackArmorBackupNotify.exe