To be alerted when new firmware updates occur, please subscribe to this article by clicking on the Subscribe icon at the top right corner.
Released February 2011, the firmware version 2.23 for the GoFlex TV and FreeAgent Theater + contains Pandora Internet Radio (US only), improvements to the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch remote functionality and some bug fixes.
- Pandora Internet Radio support (US only)
- Wi-fi iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch remote control app improvements:
- New Seagate-branded app
- Added keyboard functionality, great for searching YouTube, Netflix or Pandora
- Ability to view files from the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch on the TV
Main bug fixes:
- Large photos no longer freeze the slideshow
- Power management update for direct-connected drives
If you are experiencing any problems with your firmware update, please try the manual firmware update method described in Document ID: 211875.
Released October 2010, the firmware version 2.20 for the GoFlex TV and FreeAgent Theater + contains bug fixes and adds 3 TB drive support via USB.
Main bug fixes:
If the firmware upgrade installation instructions are not followed properly, the firmware upgrade could be data destructive and/or render your hard drive inoperable. As Seagate does not warrant the data on your drive, in addition to regular back-ups, your data should be backed up, if possible, before upgrading the drive firmware.
- Allows media to play on past the one hour mark (in affected video streaming)
- Password security - no longer displays passwords, just the last digit typed
- "HDMI key missing" resolved
- Ability to activate Netflix via wifi connection enabled
- Slideshow screen saver popping up over Netflix movie resolved