You can run Seagate DiscWizard from an emergency boot disc (Bootable Media) on a computer that cannot boot in order to perform an image restore. You can also use the boot CD to perform Clone operations, Partition/Format Disks, and create Image Backups of hard disks etc.
Items of Note:
- To create a bootable media disc, you will need a blank CD-R/RW, or a blank DVD+R/RW.
- Booting from a flash drive is another option if your computer does not have an optical drive. You can either select the flash drive in the Bootable Media Type Selection step, or you could save the DiscWizard .ISO file and burn it to the flash drive using an image burning utility. The flash drive must be formatted in FAT32.
- Open the DiscWizard software and click on the Tools selection on the left side of the window.
- Click on Rescue Media Builder.
- Click on Simple.
- If there is a blank CD-R/RW, a blank DVD+R/RW, or a USB flash drive in the computer, you can select that for the destination. If you want to save the file to burn on a different computer, you can select ISO image which will allow you to save the bootable media file to another location, i.e. the desktop or an external drive.
- Click Proceed
- A status bar will display the progress and notify you once it is complete.
In order to boot from a CD, you will need to adjust your boot order in your BIOS accordingly. Every motherboard/computer manufacturer will have a unique key that must be pressed in order to access the BIOS (such as F2, F12, Esc, etc). You will want to set your boot order to boot to the CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, or USB (flash drive).
Once you have completed your task with the DiscWizard CD, be sure to remove the CD from the tray and reset your boot order back to its original configuration.
*For more information regarding DiscWizard you can access the built-in help guide through the Help selection on the left side of the software.