Instructions on how to effectively update firmware manually on the Wireless Plus and GoFlex Satellite drives.
In some cases, it may be necessary manually update the firmware on the Wireless Plus or on the GoFlex Satellite. In such situations, Seagate recommends downloading the latest version of the device's firmware to your computer and apply the update manually.
- Access the Download Finder on the Seagate.com website. Once in the Download Finder, enter your drive's serial number and choose the country you currently reside in. Check the box and click on Submit Query.
- You will be redirected to a page with various downloads for your product. Look under both Firmware and Certificate to see if there is a firmware update available for your drive.
- Download the .bin file. Make sure your web browser is not set to automatically open downloaded files. The .bin file must remain in its downloaded form.
- If the Seagate drive is currently on, power it off. After the drive has completely shut down, connect it via USB to your computer.
- Drag and Drop the .bin file to the Seagate drive. Do not try to open, extract or run the file. Place the file on the root of the drive (i.e. do not put the file into another folder on the drive).
- Safely eject/remove the drive from your computer and disconnect the drive from the computer.
- Power the drive back on using the power button on the side of the drive.
- The WiFi light will take a few minutes to go solid. This is because the firmware is updating on the drive.
- Connect wirelessly to the drive after the signal becomes solid. The firmware should be updated at this point.