Provides instructions for resetting the network settings on Seagate Central.
There are two ways to reset the Seagate Central device. These methods are NOT data-destructive. Performing these actions will reset the network settings and will require you to go through the initial setup process again.
Reset using the button
- Power down the Seagate Central by unplugging it from power.
- Wait approximately 15 seconds.
- Power up the Seagate Central again.
- Wait for the device to fully boot and show a steady, non-blinking green light. This takes about three to four minutes. On the bottom of the Seagate Central device, there is a RESET button. Using a paperclip or a ballpoint pen, hold down the button for approximately 10-15 seconds until the light on the top of the Central flashes.
- Wait until the light becomes solidly illuminated. Proceed with the initial setup as you had done when you first connected the drive.
Reset using the Seagate Central Assistant
- Launch the Seagate Central’s user interface by opening the Seagate Central’s Public share and clicking on the “Manage the Seagate Central” link this will open the web UI (User Interface) of the drive. Note: If the drive does not show up in Windows Explorer or Finder you can open a web browser and type in http://Seagate-XXXXXX (where XXXXXX is the last six digits of the MAC add
- Log in with your credentials.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select the Restore button. This will restore the device settings to default values.
- Proceed with initial setup.
The Clear all button in the Settings menu will perform a factory reset, which IS data-destructive.