After installing the software bundled with GoFlex drives in MacOS 10.7 (Lion), which is described in Document ID: 216951, if the Mac freezes and becomes unresponsive, you have three options:
Option 1: For Mac-only users:
- From the desktop, double-click the Mac Hard drive.
- Select Library.
- Select LaunchAgents.
- Delete the SeagateStorageGauge.plist file.
The capacity gauge on the GoFlex Desk base will not work after removal of the SeagateStorageGauge.plist file.
Option 2: For Mac-only users, reformat drive:
To avoid this issue entirely and if you wish to use the GoFlex drive on only your Mac (and not on a Windows PC), simply reformat the drive using MacOS Disk Utility. See Document ID: 207851 for instructions.
Option 3: For Windows and Mac users:
To avoid this issue entirely and if you wish to use the GoFlex drive on both your Mac and on a Windows PC, follow this procedure:
- Double-click on the drive icon on the desktop.
- Double-click on the Mac Install.dmg file.
- Double-click MacInstall.
- Follow the Wizard and choose Mac and PC.
- When you reach this page:
- Check only the Paragon NTFS for Mac® box. Uncheck the other two boxes.
- Complete the installation process by selecting Install and continuing.