There are numerous considerations that may come into play when preparing a very large drive like the 3TB Seagate Barracuda XT model ST33000651AS . Some of these considerations are:
- System BIOS types – new UEFI or Legacy PC BIOS
- Master Boot Records and GUID Partition Tables are dependent on the type of BIOS
- Different versions of Microsoft Windows have their own capacity limitations and are dependent on the types of boot records.
- Boot drives and simple data drives have different rules.
- Maximum partition sizes will depend on the Windows OS native solutions
- Device drivers
Keeping track of these details is a challenge for professional service technicians, IT managers and system builders. We have prepared an interactive Flash tool that allows you to explore each of the areas mentioned above.
There is a tool bar located at the top center of the page. You can expand, collapse and drag the image around to suit your needs. Several options are available when you right click on a node. Click here to view the interactive solution map.
Click here to download this map as a static printable Adobe PDF file.
Product support for disk drives greater than 2.2TB is rapidly evolving. Please contact your suppliers directly for the latest status and capacity support limitations of their products. If you find that any part of this information is out of date or lacking, please let us know so that we may correct it and better serve future readers.