This articles covers troubleshooting steps for the Paragon driver both the HFS+ and NTFS.
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try if you are having issues with the Paragon driver:
Paragon NTFS Mac Troubleshooting
Paragon HFS+ Windows Troubleshooting
Paragon NTFS Mac Troubleshooting
Installing the Paragon NTFS driver will give you the ability to write to your NTFS formatted drive. If you are having issues writing to the drive after installing the driver, use the following steps to help resolve the issue.
- Verify the driver was actually installed:
- Apple Icon>System Preferences
- At the bottom of the page you should see the NTFS for Mac OS X icon
- If the software is installed skip to step 5. If the icon is not there then try re-installing the software. You will want to verify that your security settings are not blocking the installation of the software either. To do so check the following:
- Applications>System Preferences>Security & Privacy
- Under the General tab, you will see a heading that says Allow applications downloaded from with three options. Try setting it to Anywhere temporarily when you install it the second time. You will want to change it back after the installation is complete.
- If the icon is there then double-click the icon and see if the drive is showing under available NTFS partitions and make sure that the driver is not turned off.
- If the drive is not detected there and it is not turned off then verify the drive is showing the correct manufacture in system information or system profiler depending on the version of MacOS X you are running.
- Holding down the option key select the Apple icon in the upper left hand corner. Select system information/system profiler.
- Select USB on the left hand side of that window.
- In the middle locate your Seagate drive - Select it.
- Locate manufacture and make sure Seagate is listed like the example below:
Installing the Paragon HFS+ driver will give you the ability to see your HFS+ formatted drive. If you are having issues with the drive being detected try the following steps.
Note: The driver will not work if the drive was encrypted on your Mac.
- Verify that the Paragon HFS+ for Windows is installed
- Check control panel - Add and Remove or Programs and Features depending on Windows version.
- If the driver is installed but the drive is still not showing check computer management:
- Hold the Windows Key + R
- That will bring up the run box and type - compmgmt.msc
- Once the computer management screen opens locate device manager:
- In the device manager window expand ‘Disk Drives’
- If the drive is detected there - Double-click it
- When the new window opens select the volumes tab and at the bottom select populate
- Locate the Disk number then close the window
- On the left hand side select Disk Management
- In the middle of the screen towards the bottom look for the Disk number located on step 5
The drive should look similar to the example below:
If your drive shows similar but without the drive letter try adding a letter:
- Right-click the middle box where you see NTFS and select change drive letter:
- Select Add then assign a drive letter to the drive and click okay
- Leave the computer management window open and check Windows Explorer
- If the drive is still not showing in Windows Explorer check the service:
- One the left-hand side click on Services and Applications then click on Services
- Locate the Paragon APM service
- Verify that the Status is Started and the Startup Type is Automatic
- If it is not then double-click on the name and set it to automatic and started then reboot the machine.
The drive should now be detected in Windows Explorer, but if the drive is not detected try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.