Provides connection troubleshooting steps with Android and Samsung WirelessIf you are having problems staying connected with an Android device to Samsung Wireless, please check the following information:
Restart the Samsung Wireless and your Android device.
Verify the password is correct for your Samsung Wireless. If you need to clear the password, please use the reset button on the bottom of the drive.
- Visit Settings on your Android device.
- On the Connections tab, enter the Wi-Fi section of your device’s settings.
- From your list of available Wi-Fi connections, click on the menu button of your device.
- Choose Advanced.
- Uncheck the “Auto network switch” option in this screen.
- Use the back button until you’ve reached the Connections tab of your settings.
- Click on “More networks”, then “Mobile networks”.
- If you have “Connections optimizer”, uncheck the Connections Optimizer box. This line may include your carrier’s name.
The Connections Optimizer software attempts to ensure that you have a stable internet connection and automatically switches you to another signal if you cannot reach the internet.
If you have not configured your Samsung Wireless to automatically concurrently connect (How to Connect to the Internet While Connected to the Samsung Wireless), Connections Optimizer will not allow you to stay connected.
If you are still having problems, please try connecting with another device or move the drive to another area.