The following provides the Steps needed to perform a One-Click Backup using Seagate’s BlackArmor Backup Software
Double-click on the BlackArmor Backup icon located on the Desktop.
Note: Windows Vista User may see a User Account Control (UAC) window prompting for permission to proceed.
- Click Continue. The Select License Server window opens.
- Maintain Defaults to activate automatically. If this does not work, you can specify the Name or IP Address of the License Server.
Note: Some Firewalls may impede the progress of the application launch. Make sure that you Unblock or Grant Access to the BlackArmor Backup software through your firewall.
- The Welcome window followed by the One-Click Backup window opens. To launch an immediate backup of your entire computer to the BlackArmor NAS, click Protect. The User Credential window opens. Enter the user’s system password into the field provided.
- Click OK. The backup starts immediate. This may take awhile to complete pending on the amount of data that has to be backed up.
- When finished, a Confirmation window opens notifying you that the backup is complete. Click OK. The backup is complete.
Seagate Video Tutorial
Click here to watch the movie on performing a One-Click Backup.