Deleting a volume is data destructive. All data will be lost on the volume through performing this process. Seagate strongly recommends that you backup any/all data from the volume before continuing
The following provides the steps necessary to delete the volume. It is assumes the following:
- You have backed up any/all critical data off of the BlackArmor NAS Server.
- You are currently logged into the BlackArmor Manager with admin privileges.
- Mouseover Storage and click Volumes. The Volumes page opens.
- Locate the volume you wish to remove and click the Delete icon. A window opens asking you to confirm the deletion of the volume.
- Click OK. The Volume deletion starts processing. When finished, the message "RAID…deleted successfully..." disappears, the volume is removed.
Seagate Video Tutorial – Deleting a Volume
Click here to watch the movie.