Seagate Replica is extremely easy to setup. After connecting it to your Windows computer, you can be performing systems backups in no time. The following provides the steps necessary for performing a backup using Seagate Replica on a second/subsequent system.
- Connect Seagate Replica to your computer.
Note: Please refer to the Seagate Replica Quick Start Guide for more information on connecting your drive.
The AutoPlay window opens.
- Click Start my Seagate Replica.
Note: Windows Vista users will see a User Account Control window asking for permission to proceed. Click Continue. Another Seagate Replica window opens informing you that This Seagate Replica contains back up files.
- Click Install. The Seagate Replica License Agreement window opens.
- Check the radio button to accept the terms of the agreement.
- Click OK. The Replica splash screen opens.
- Click on the “X” in the upper right corner of this screen to close it. The Replica icon appears in the System Tray.
- Move your mouse over the Replica System Tray icon to check backup status. At first, you will see that a Recovery Point is being created - followed by the commencement of the first backup. Note that the first backup of any computer may take a long time depending on how much data is stored on your local drives. To check the status of the backup, simply move your mouse over the Replica system tray icon; the status will show you the number of files that still need backed up. When finished, the status message after a mouseover should read, “Backed up as of mm/dd/yyyy - hr/min/sec”.