Flash and text tutorial for setting up and performing your first backup using Seagate Replica.
Seagate Replica – Setup & Backup of First System.
Seagate Replica is extremely easy to setup. After connecting it to your Windows computer, you can be performing your first system backup in no time. The following provides the steps necessary for setting up and performing your first backup using Seagate Replica.
- Connect Seagate Replica to your computer.
Note: Please refer to the Seagate Replica Quick Start Guide for more information on connecting your drive.
The AutoPlay window opens.
- Click Start my Seagate Replica.
Note: Windows Vista users will see a User Account Control window asking for permission to proceed. Click Continue. An Open File Security window may open.
- Click Run. The Welcome to Seagate Product Registration screen opens.
- Enter the Serial Number for the Seagate Replica, Promotional Code (Optional) and click Next to Register.
- Click Cancel to skip registration.
Note: If you click Cancel, a window opens providing these options:
Make a selection to proceed. An Open File Security window may open.
- Remind me in 14 Days
- Never register this drive
- Register now.
- Click Run. The Seagate Replica License Agreement window opens.
- Check the radio button to accept the terms of the agreement.
- Click OK.
Note: If connected to the Internet, Seagate Replica will check for updates and download them automatically to the Replica drive.
Once downloaded/updated, the Replica splash screen opens.
- Click on the “X” in the upper right corner of this screen to close it.
Note: A Completing the Seagate Replica Setup Wizard may briefly appear behind the aforementioned Splash Screen. It should disappear on its own rather quickly. If not, click on its Finish button.
The Replica icon appears in the System Tray.
- Move your mouse over the Replica System Tray icon to check backup status. At first, you will see that a Recovery Point is being created - followed by the commencement of the first backup. Note that the first backup may take a long time depending on how much data is stored on your local drives. To check the status of the backup, simply move your mouse over the Replica system tray icon; the status will show you the number of files that still need backed up. When finished, the status message after a mouseover should read, “Backed up as of mm/dd/yyyy - hr/min/sec”.