Provides instructions for complete removal of Seagate Manager software from a Windows PC.
Please follow this procedure to uninstall Seagate Manager completely from your Windows 7/Vista/XP computer:
Note: The steps are the same for Maxtor Manager just look for Maxtor Manager instead of Seagate Manager.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Select Settings (if necessary).
- Select Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features (Windows 7/Vista) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) and allow it to populate and display the programs.
- Find the program you want to uninstall and then select Uninstall (Windows 7/Vista) or Remove (Windows XP).
- Do not reboot the computer yet.
- Open (My) Computer or Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the following folder locations then delete the Seagate Manager folder:
Windows Vista/7 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Seagate
Windows Vista/7 - C:\Program Data\Seagate
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Seagate
- Reboot the computer. Finished.