The following Seagate external drive models will serve as additional storage for the Panasonic HD video camera models specified in the list below.
|Drive Capacity||Drive Family||Models available, per region|
|Americas||Europe, Middle East, Africa||Asia|
|2TB||Backup Plus Desktop||STCA2000100||STCA2000200||STCA2000300|
|1TB||Backup Plus Desktop||STCA1000100||STCA1000200||N/A|
Compatible Panasonic High Definition Video Camera (HD VC) models:
Please follow the instructions below to use your Seagate external hard drive with your Panasonic HD Video Camera:
- Connect your Seagate external drive’s power cable to the wall.
- Make sure your Seagate drive's power cord is plugged into a power outlet.
- Make sure your Panasonic HD video camera is plugged in to a power outlet.
- Connect the Seagate external hard drive to the Panasonic camcorder through the USB cable included with the Seagate drive. A USB adapter cable mini-A male / A female will be required (may be included with your camera).
So the following message displays, instructing you to re-format your Seagate external hard drive. Press OK to continue.
- The following message may display if the drive is not a compatible Seagate external desktop drive. If the Seagate drive is compatible, ignore this message and press Enter to go to Playback mode. If the drive is not on the list of compatible drives then Panasonic device does not support the drive you have.
- From the Playback mode, select or touch Menu to go to the menu screen (use the arrow and ENTER buttons for non-touch screen models).
- From the Menu screen, select SETUP(use the arrow and ENTER buttons for non-touch screen models).
- From the SETUP screen, search for FORMAT MEDIA and press the ENTER button or touch the item.
- From SELECT MEDIA, select HDD and press the ENTER button or touch the item.
- Select YES to continue with the format process.
- The status of the format process will display.
- When the format process has finished, the following message displays.
- Select or touch MENU to exit the message screen (use the arrow and ENTER buttons for non-touch screen models), the following message will be displayed.
The Seagate external drive now has been formatted with the FAT32 file system. It is ready to be used with the Panasonic HD Camcorder.
When connected to your computer, this is how the Seagate drive displays in Windows Disk Management.