A list of supported cameras is available. Click Here.
IP Camera’s have a setup page. Most Camera options should be setup in advance of adding the camera to the Surveillance Manager. Here are some of those options:
Setting the Time and Date.
Setting the Camera’s IP Address to Static.
Enabling Motion Detection and choosing areas of the screen for triggering a motion event.
Setting the Day/Night mode to Auto.
The Surveillance Manager comes with one free license and will apply to adding a single camera.
Additional licenses may be purchased so additional cameras can be added.
Additional Licenses are available. Click Here.
Add an IP Camera Using The Search Tool in the Surveillance Manager
- Login to the Business NAS 4.0 Welcome page.
- On the Home page, click the Surveillance Manager icon to open the app.
- Login in to the Surveillance Manager using:
The Surveillance Manager will open to Camera Settings.
- Click the Camera Search tab and then click Search.
- Click the plus sign next to the camera to be added.
- Enter a camera name. The camera name can be anything but it could describe the location that it will monitor such as Living Room or Hallway.
- Enter the Administrator name and Password. This is the user name and password that is setup for the camera.
- Click Add.
- Click the Video Section under CAMERA on the left.
On the Camera parameters tab the Camera list will show the newly added camera.
- Click on the listing from the Camera list and it will populate the Camera parameters above.
If sound is enabled in the Camera’s setup page this page has an option to Enable Audio. Be sure to save any changes made to this page.
- Click Status under CAMERA on the left to Verify the Connection Status.
The Camera has now been successfully added to the Seagate Surveillance Manager. Now a schedule can be set to always record, record on a schedule, and record by a triggered event such as motion.
Add an IP Camera Manually To The Surveillance Manager
- In the Surveillance Manager under CAMERA Settings go to the Camera settings tab.
- Choose a Vender / Brand from the drop-down list.
- Choose a Model from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Camera name, the Camera’s IP Address, and the Camera’s login information and click Save.
A camera brand that is not in the supported list may be ONVIF certified. Choose ONVIF as the Vendor. It will populate the Model field with ONVIF.
The ONVIF Specification defines a common protocol for the exchange of information between network video devices including automatic device discovery, video streaming and intelligence metadata.
Removing A Camera From the Seagate Surveillance Manager
- Click Status under CAMERA.
- Click the Disconnect icon under Connection status.
- Click on Settings under CAMERA. On the Camera settings tab select the Camera from the list and click Clear and click Save.
The Camera has been successfully removed. The fields will be blank but do not forget to Save.