If you are having problems staying connected with an Android device to Seagate Wireless Plus, please check the following information:
Restart the Seagate Wireless Plus and your Android device.
Verify the password is correct for your Seagate Wireless Plus. If you need to clear the password, please use the reset button on the bottom of the drive. Resetting the drive will also reset the SSID name back to factory default. The reset is not data-destructive. To reset the drive, please follow these steps :
- Make sure the drive is powered on and that you have a solid blue WiFi LED. The drive should not be connected through USB for this procedure.
- Grab a paper clip or a similar object then locate the pinhole reset under the drive, by the label.
- Hold it in there for 10 seconds, then let go.
- Turn off the Seagate Wireless Plus by pressing the power button on the side of the drive.
- The LEDs will turn off. Wait about 30 seconds after the drive stops spinning inside, then power the drive back on, using the power button again.
- Wait for the blue WiFi LED to be solid again and connect using your Android device.
Then, verify the settings of your Android device :
- Visit Settings on your Android device.
- On the Connections tab, enter the Wi-Fi section of your device’s settings.
- From your list of available Wi-Fi connections, click on the menu button of your device.
- Choose Advanced.
- Uncheck the “Auto network switch” option in this screen.
- Use the back button until you’ve reached the Connections tab of your settings.
- Click on “More networks”, then “Mobile networks”.
- If you have “Connections optimizer”, uncheck the Connections Optimizer box. This line may include your carrier’s name.
The Connections Optimizer software attempts to ensure that you have a stable internet connection and automatically switches you to another signal if you cannot reach the internet.
If you have not configured your Seagate Wireless Plus to automatically concurrently connect, Connections Optimizer will not allow you to stay connected.
If you are still having problems, please try connecting with another device or move the drive to another area.
How to connect to the Internet while connected to the Seagate Wireless Plus :
- Power on the Wireless Plus and wait for the LED to illuminate solid blue.
- From your computer or mobile device, in the device's Wi-Fi settings, select the Wireless Plus.
- Launch the Seagate Media app or launch a web browser and type the following into the address bar:
Then press Enter.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon at the top of the Seagate Media app or browser window. You will need to tap on the 3 dots menu to get to the WiFi connection logo.
- Select the network you want to join. If security is enabled on the selected Wi-Fi network, enter the required password.
- Once you have chosen your network, it will begin to connect you to the internet and your Wireless Plus at the same time.
A message displays, stating that you are no longer connected to the Seagate Wireless Plus drive. This is normal. Please allow 45-60 seconds for it to reconnect with the Seagate Wireless Plus and the selected Wi-Fi network.
- The Wi-Fi icon changes.
Your device is now connected concurrently.
This means that you are able to browse the Internet and view the media stored on the Wireless Plus simultaneously.