What is Mirror?
- Mirror is a two-way-sync, meaning If data is added, deleted, or edited in either Mirror folder, the same will be applied to the other Mirror folder
- Toolkit creates a folder named Mirror on your internal drive allowing you to copy or move data to the folder which will then copy the data to the external drive
- Mirror feature behaves similarly to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. But instead of mirroring your data from a computer folder to the Cloud, the data is mirrored from the computer’s Mirror folder to the external hard drive
What Mirror is NOT
- Mirror will not create a mirror image or your computers primary drive
Where is my Mirror data located?
Toolkit stores the Mirror data in the following location for Windows:
- X equals the drive letter for your external drive
- NOTE: Your drive letter will be different and may change depending on the number of drives connected
Toolkit stores the Mirror data in the following location for Mac:
- DriveName equals the name you provided the drive
Why is my Mirror folder empty?
- Mirror requires data to be moved to the folder before it can copy the files to the other Mirror location
Can I move the Mirror folder?
- No, the Mirror folder can’t be moved. This breaks the connection that Toolkit creates.
What if I want to move the Mirror folder?
- If you need to move the Mirror folder, edit the current plan which will allow you to move or create a new Mirror folder in the new location. Once complete you may want to delete the old Mirror folder to prevent duplicating the data on the internal drive. See the Toolkit UM for instructions on editing the Mirror plan – Click Here for Steps
Will Mirror work on a secondary internal drive?
- Yes, you can create a Mirror plan on a secondary internal drive if your primary drive is small or doesn’t contain your data
Can I run both Toolkit Backup and Mirror on Windows?
- Yes, Toolkit allows users to create plans for both Backup and Mirror on the same Windows computer
Can I run both Time Machine and Mirror on macOS?
- Yes, it is possible to run a Time Machine backup and Mirror at the same time although it is best to have a drive dedicated to Time Machine. Since Mac OS X 10.9.4 Time Machine has changed the permissions on the Time Machine volume. You will be prompted to enter your password for the mirror to complete the process
Can I use Mirror to mirror one external to another?
- No, Mirror will copy data from the folder on the drive to the computer or computer to the drive
Can I create multiple Mirror plan on the same computer?
- Yes, but it will only work if more than one drive. If you only have one drive then no, Toolkit will only allow you to create one plan.
Which drives support Mirror?
What is the difference between Backup and Mirror?