This article applies to the following versions of macOS:
- macOS 13 (Ventura)
Apple introduced a new feature in macOS 13 (Ventura) that may prevent Toolkit from being installed. While installing Toolkit the following prompt may be displayed saying that the installer was prevented from modifying apps on your Mac.
Hover the mouse over the notification and an ‘Allow’ button is displayed in the lower right corner of the notification window.
- Click ‘Allow’ to open the Privacy & Security | App Management section of your System Settings
- Set the toggle to the ‘On’ position
- Enter your password
- You may be prompted to Quit and Reopen the installation, click the Quit and Reopen button
The Toolkit installation should restart and this time the installation should finish without issue.
If the notification was dismissed before clicking the ‘Allow’ button, the installer can still be given permission using the following steps:
- Click the Apple icon
- Click System Settings
- Click Privacy & Security
- Under the Privacy section, locate and click App Management
- Set the toggle to the ‘On’ position for the Toolkit installer
- Click the Quit and Reopen button if prompted or try installing Toolkit again